Wednesday, May 30, 2012

COMPETITIVE MINDSET

This blog is about the competitive mindset. The uncontrollable urge to set a goal and work relentlessly until you have reached that goal. What follows this is a great feeling of satisfaction that is usually short lived and must be followed by a new goal to work toward. Some people, myself included, go through life repeating this pattern over and over. What drives us to do the peculiar things that we do in order to make it to our goal, our competitions? There are so many interesting and comical things that happen to us along the way as we prepare for any type of competition. My husband and I are preparing now to compete at the NPC Master's Nationals in 7 weeks. I will be competing in the new Physique division in the over 35 and over 45 division. My hubby will compete in the over 50 light heavy weight Bodybuilding division. We both have very demanding full time jobs and really do not have the time that we spend preparing for competition....but we do it anyway and just never sleep! Many of our friends think that we have a screw loose but we both have that competitive mindset and we really can't help ourselves. I guess that is why we are such a perfect match. I will be blogging about all the crazy things that happen to us along the way.

13 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to reading your blog and will be seeing you at masters nats :) Us old chicas have to stick together and kick some booty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose! I prefer to think of us as seasoned athletes. lol. We are looking forward to seeing you in Pittsburgh too. It is such a great show and we always have a fabulous time. You are looking great in your pics. Keep up the good work girl!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Allycat! You do realize that you will have to start training with us when you get home for the summer, right? We are looking forward to that!

      Delete
    2. haha! Yes! I am looking forward to it! I need to get into shape before July! I am eating all the junk food now so by the time I get home the craving for it will be gone! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Alex's Mom! As a future journalist, I am very proud of you for starting a blog! Blogging is a new form of communication and is a great way to promote journalism, the media, and the dedication to both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda! I am new at the blogging but I do have a lot to say about the last 27 years that I have been competing. I know that there are millions of people out there that share my passion and can relate to my stories. I hope your finals go well and that you have a great summer!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, Margaret. I loved reading your blog.
    Hugs to you,
    MrsPeeps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you, that means a lot Ms Peeps!! Thanks

      Delete
  7. Mommy you are adorable! I love reading this blog too! Thanks for starting it :) And I am definitely all for making those shirts haha! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete